When you love to make your own bread at home, soon you will have a few recipes to try, and I’m sure the Cinnamon Bread will become one of your favorites.
Recipe For Homemade Cinnamon Bread is easy to make for beginners or more advanced bakers, all you need to do is to get fresh ingredients and make the dough by hand or with a stand mixer, this bread will become one of your family favorites.
Whether you love to have a slice of cinnamon bread in the morning with some butter or some jam on it, or if you use this bread to make a French toast or a sandwich, it will always taste better than any bread you get from the store.
- 1 spoon of dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 spoons of flour
- 1/4 cup of warm water.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk at room temperature
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g of butter, cut in small pieces
1. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, or use parchment paper. Mix together 1/3 cup of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, set aside.
2. Prepare the poolish in a small bowl, mix yeast, one teaspoon of sugar and 3 spoons of flour, add 1/4 cup of warm water, stir well and set aside for about 10 or 15 minutes, to activate the yeast.
When you make a yeast bread, making the poolish will give it more taste and texture.
3. To make the dough, you can make it by hand, or you can use a stand mixer.
Combine the flour and the sugar in the stand mixer bowl, add the egg, the poolish and milk, mix on low speed with the dough hook for about 2 minutes, now you can add the pinch of salt. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the butter cut in small pieces, keep kneading the dough until the dough is smooth again.
5. Place your dough in a clean bowl with a small amount of olive oil, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap or a wet towel, and let the dough to raise for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until double its size.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll your dough to 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture, spread on the dough the mixture with your fingers to cover all the surface of the dough.
Roll the dough and pinch the end to the rolled dough.
Place the rolled dough in the loaf pan, and cover it with a plastic wrap or a wet towel, let the cinnamon loaf to proof until double its size.
7. Preheat oven to 350F (175 C)
8. Prepare an egg wash with a lightly beaten egg with one spoon of milk, cover the top of the proofed cinnamon loaf with this egg wash, just before you put the loaf in the oven.
Bake the Cinnamon Bread for 40 to 50 minutes, it should be golden on the top, and you can pinch a wooden pin to check if the inside is well baked.
9. Take the cinnamon Bread out of the oven, and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then you can remove the cinnamon bread to a rack.
Thanks so much for reading my blog and for sharing it on your Social Media!